Saturday, October 9, 2010

Charlie Brown and the Lost Keys

So today started out favorably, with Jack sleeping until 8:30 am (although he was up twice in the night as he's teething, poor thing), which meant we got a little bit of a sleep-in. Our friends, Myriam and Conrad, came down from Chattanooga for a visit and took us to lunch at Alons, one of our favorite spots (the lamb sandwich with caramelized onions is fabulous!!).

Thanks for a lovely time together Conrad and Myriam!


We then headed home for Jack's nap before attending the musical theater performance of You're a Good Man Charlie Brown, that our church was putting on this weekend. Andre has been helping with the lighting for it, so he left early and I waited for nap time to be over. Jack slept well, woke up happy and we were out the door. Only to realize, as I was ABOUT to close the locked front door, that I hadn't grabbed my keys. Good thing I looked, because they weren't in my bag or hanging behind the door as usual. I then remembered that Andre had had them when we went out to lunch, decided that I probably didn't need them and locked them in the glove compartment of the car. And never took them out again. It seemed as if Charlie Brown was not to be.

Thankfully, my sweet Husbie phoned during intermission, wondering where we were and told me where the spare was kept (I now realize, with some dismay, that perhaps we need to communicate more. I found the passports hidden where the spare key was...who knew?!). And so Jack and I rushed off to the play, and were able to enjoy the last 40 minutes or so. The cast did an amazing job, so I'm glad I was able to see some of it. Note to self: keep keys on self AT ALL TIMES.

Jack seemed to enjoy himself as well and was able to get in a cuddle with Miss Penny, who dotes on him and asks after him whenever I see her. He was fascinated with her riding wheel-chair and cried when I took him off her lap!


Riding with Miss Penny and LOVING every minute!



Just to prove we were there!

No comments: