Thursday, July 8, 2010

For Laughs



Just had to post that photo for a laugh...isn't he funny?!

So today was interesting. We were headed up to Chattanooga this weekend for a friend's baby shower and decided to come up a day early so I could have a dentist appointment (Andre LOVES his dentist up here and persuaded me to come to him too). Anyway, the only available appointment was today at 9 am, so we thought we'd come up Thursday instead. Jack is usually awake by 5:30 am to eat an early morning bottle and then he goes back to bed, so we figured this would work well, as we could feed him and then begin our trip with him asleep in the car seat. BUT...(as my Mum says, the only predictable thing about babies is that they're NOT predictable), the little munchkin was still asleep at 7 am, when we were desperate to head out the door, so we had to wake him up! A first, that's for sure. Of course, he would decide to sleep for 12 hours straight when we actually need him to wake up early. Oh well.

So then he fussed on and off all the way up there (2 hours)...and pretty much the entire time I was in with the dentist, which ended up being a 4 hour appointment. Yes, you read that right...FOUR HOURS!! (paper work, broken x-ray machines, VERY thorough examination, panoramic x-rays...don't ask). Anyway, all I can say is that Andre was a trooper and did a great job with him. Needless to say, Jack slept for three hours this afternoon into the evening and so, consequently, only wanted to go to bed at 9 pm (he's usually struggling to keep his eyes open at 7:30!). I'm usually pretty flexible with his schedule during the day but bedtime and the bedtime routine are SACRED. So it really bugs me when he goes to bed late. Ah well, the joys of traveling with an infant.

This is a really boring post, but that was our day.

On a brighter note, we did spend much of the afternoon by the pool here at Jack and Carolyn's. It was such fun and I even got into my bathing suit and caught a bit of sun (I felt young again. Except for the fact that the aforementioned bathing suit didn't quite fit like it used to. Ha!). Photos to come. But not of me in the bathing suit :)

No comments: