Friday, April 23, 2010

Yesterday

Thought I'd document our day yesterday. Not the easiest of days with little Jack boy (colic, fussiness etc.), but I've got some cute photos from it, so here you go.

After an early morning feed, Jack and I tried to nap together (not my best photographic moment, but this is reality folks!). I say tried to nap because it was rather difficult with all the noise going on, due to these boots...

and these trucks....


belonging to a whole host of workman who are working on this project...


They are working on the outside AND the inside of Mum and Dad's house, remodeling their master bath, which also involves putting in a beautiful bay window (it's going up where the top of that scaffolding is). It just so happened that there were workmen swarming all over the house installing light fixtures, working on the radiators etc. etc. So it was a busy day around here! And now the bathroom, in it's almost finished state, looks gorgeous!

However, Jack did not have a great day, hardly napping at all (that darn pacifier keeps falling out and waking him. What does one do about that?!!) and so I resorted to getting him outside for a bit of fresh air in the stroller...

After that, the little stinker peed, pooped and puked all over me, in that order and then looked at me like this...


How could I possibly resist that grin? In fact, I laughed so hard I almost fell over...a good tonic for this tired Mummy! Another wonderful surprise cheered up my day even more, when this beautiful bouquet was delivered, just for me. It's from Nessa's best friend, Anika, who sent it to me to celebrate Jack's birth. Thank you SO MUCH Anika!


We then visited Daddy to see what he was up to and found him painting in the bathroom. By evening the workmen had installed the bay window and the bath, making it possible for Andre to start prepping and painting in there. Mum and Dad have chosen beautiful Travertine tile, brown/black granite counter-top and lovely fixtures. The walls are going to be a khaki/brown color and the cabinets are cream. It looks like a spa in there!

Here's another cool thing that happened. I had been looking at Goodwill and on Craigslist here in Peoria, to find a swing or bouncy seat for Jack, as this seems to soothe him and keep him occupied. I had found both on Craiglist and emailed the sellers. After hearing from both of them that the items were still available, I responded, saying we'd like to come and get them. Frustratingly, I never heard back from either of them after that! I was really disappointed and wondering what to do. Then today, a sweet friend of Mum's dropped by with a beautiful swing AND bouncy seat for us to borrow, as she'd heard I was in town and thought we could use them!! Praise the Lord for providing just what we needed (and at no cost)!

All in all, a good day!


No comments: