Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter and a week away

Happy Easter to all! This weekend was momentous, in that I actually made it out the door to church! I had some repair surgery done after Jack's birth (I'll spare you the gory details) and so haven't been up to sitting or standing much the last three weeks. However, my goal was to be able to sit through the Easter services and I made it. Thank you Lord!

Good Friday service was very special and I'm glad I'll always remember Jack's first church service as being Good Friday :) Then on Easter Sunday, we made it to church again and then headed up to Vanessa and Sean's new house for Easter lunch (the lamb chops were fab, Ness!)

After taking a short nap when we got home, and then spending the evening packing (OH MY GOSH, it takes forever with a baby!!!), we eventually left home at 10 pm for our trip to Chattanooga. We figured it didn't matter what time we left, as Jack would be awake most of the evening anyway. And it turned out well, because instead of a fussy baby at home, we had a sleeping baby in the car the whole way! Good job little boy.

So yes, we're up in Chattanooga for a week. Andre is working on a remodeling project here and so I came along for the ride (there was NO WAY I was going to stay at home by myself with the little man!...I still need Andre's moral support!)

Unfortunately, we accidently left our camera charger and downloading cord, so I can't post photos this week. I'll catch up when we're home next Monday.

No comments: