Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Nursery

Since we live in a two bedroom condo, we needed to combine our guest room and Jack's nursery. It worked out really well to leave the guest room set up like it was and use two corners of it to accommodate Jack and all that comes with him! The colors in there were black and white and red. We painted the walls a very pale blue and, voila, the nursery theme fitted right in.

When I was born, my grandfather made a lovely wooden cradle for me. Mum has kept it all these years and I wanted to use it for my first baby. Andre refinished it and Mum made new fabric parts for it with a blue and white baby toile fabric that I had fallen in love with. We were able to order cushions for the rocking chair (we got that off Craigslist and made some new friends in the process!), from the same company that I ordered the fabric from. It worked out really well and looks so cute. Thanks so much Mum for all the sewing you did for me!


Jack sleeping in his beautiful cradle (yes, he's a tummy sleeper...ssshhh)


Ikea dresser makes a great changing table and storage option


Rocking chair (a $20 bargain!) with it's lovely cushions


Cradle

No comments: