Wednesday, July 6, 2011

SA Trip: The End!

Our trip to Cape Town ended with more good family time and we were sad to say goodbye. It was so good to see everyone and especially spend time with my Grandpa (Mum's dad) and stay with my Gran (Dad's mum). My cousin Simon, how now lives in Wales, sent Jack the cutest pint sized Welsh rugby shirt and Grandpa has a similar one...

Gramps with his great grandson, wearing their matching Welsh rugby shirts


Saying goodbye

We then had the 11 hour flight to Amsterdam, a 24 hour layover in that airport and a 9 hour flight back to the States. A trip I would NOT like to repeat any time soon. On the last flight my morning sickness hit badly which meant I spent a lot of time in that teeny tiny bathroom. Oh the joys!

Hopefully, the blog will now return to normal, as, after 12 weeks of severe sickness, I am now feeling more myself, THANKFULLY! Once we got home I didn't seem to fully recover and ended up in hospital twice due to hyperemesis. However, I've now reached 16 weeks preggo and am doing much better.

We are in IL visiting my parents for a little while and I'm hoping to be back to my normal energy level by the time we get back home mid-July. Thank you to my dear friends and family who have been so supportive the last three months, helping with Jack, with meals and calling and visiting. Your love and help is so appreciated!

No comments: