Thursday, August 19, 2010

Date Night

Confession: Andre and I haven't been OUT for a date since Jack was born. I know, it's awful. We vowed, of course, that we wouldn't be those parents, whose world revolved around their child and never made time for each other. Well, what with Jack's colic and reflux, my surgery and long recovery, travel and then going back to work, our child is now almost 6 months old and we hadn't had a date night away from home yet. We've done movie and pizza night in quite a bit, but haven't done the dress up, baby-sitter, go out and be real adults thing yet.

So this week at the beach, Mum and Dad very kindly offered to watch Jack while we went out one evening. And we had the best time! We went to a place here in Sarasota called St. Armand's Circle, which is full of shops, restaurants and boutiques. And we did the unthinkable...got dessert first...and after too! Whenever we go out, I always pick out what I'm having for dessert first and then think about dinner. But this time, we actually ate the dessert first! In our quest for the perfect dinner place, we came across this tiny little French bakery called "La Macaron" which served gelato, specialty chocolates and the most delectable little pastries called macarons. They came in all sorts of flavors like black currant, vanilla bean, passion fruit and even basil (which I must say was amazing!). So after coffee and macarons, we found a fancy dinner place and partook of mozzarella salad and mussels (well Andre had these as I'm allergic) and then went back and had more macarons!! So fun.


We didn't have the camera on our date but took a photo when we got back



The macarons we brought back for Mum and Dad to try


All in all we had a wonderful first date night out. And Jack slept through the whole thing!





2 comments:

Brie said...

Glad you two were able to get out by yourselves for a little bit. I've never actually had those type of macarons (just the coconut macaroon), but I'm seeing them all over lately.

Ruth Cox said...

LOVE this. I know how important those times are, and how difficult they are to come by!! You are always welcome to drop Jack off...prob only practical if you want to go somewhere on this side of town these days...but I'd be HAPPY to facilitate more of these lovely times!!! and I'm definitely a fan of MORE dessert!!!