Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Day

Apparently I can't think of clever titles to my blog posts.

I'd like to say it's just tonight, but it seems to be a permanent problem. I console myself with the fact that those who read these boring posts are mostly family members who are much more interested in seeing recent photos/doings of my children than reading a clever post!

 Ok, where was I?...Ah yes, see blog title :) At least my boring titles always let me know right away what I'm supposed to be posting about!

Christmas morning we opened a few presents and consumed a lot of monkey bread. Yum!

Jack gave Sophie a bottle for her dolly. They had the best time feeding Dolly!


We then got dressed up and headed to church to celebrate and remember the reason for the day, Jesus, our Rescuer coming as a baby to save the world.  My absolute favorite Christmas song is "Here With Us" by Joy Williams. The lyrics are perfect:




It's still a mystery to me
That the hands of God could be so small,
How tiny fingers reaching in the night
Were the very hands that measured the sky

Hallelujah, hallelujah
Heaven's love reaching down to save the world
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Son of God, Servant King,
You're here with us
You're here with us

It's still a mystery to me, oh,
How His infant eyes have seen the dawn of time
How His ears have heard an angel's symphony,
But still Mary had to rock her Savior to sleep


Jesus the Christ, born in Bethlehem
A baby born to save, to save the souls of man


Christmas pics after church
After naps we let them open their stockings, which they loved. They were a little confused about the orange at the bottom! Since it's a tradition in both Russian and English cultures, we're keeping it!

They spent most of the day playing with their Legos/Duplos from Nana and Grampa

A blessed and peaceful day for our family. And a HAPPY CHRISTMAS season to you and yours!

No comments: