Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sophie's "Room"

So I must preface this post with a little disclaimer:

We live in a very small, two bedroom apartment.
We love our very small daughter.
She does sleep in our very small bathroom.

Yes, so there, I've said it.

She slept in our room for the first 6 weeks of her life, but then got too noisy for us. And definitely too noisy to sleep with her big brother. And then there's also the fact that I still wake her up at 10 pm to dream feed her. So no, she is NOT ready to share with Jack yet. So we put her pac and play in our bathroom and now just use the guest bathroom. It's worked out fine so far and she doesn't know the difference. 

With all the purging and reorganizing we've been doing at our house (a huge THANK YOU to Ness and Sean for storing some of our stuff in their basement), I have unearthed some sweet little things I always wanted to use in Sophie's nursery. So I decided to decorate her "room" (aka our bathroom). I had fun and she even noticed, pointing and smiling when I took her in there after it was all done!


Keeping them contained while I decorated





All done: the quilt hanging on that towel rack was one my Mum made for her





Some of her special things (above the toilet!)















So much better!

So there you have it. Sophie's "nursery" :)

3 comments:

Steven and Hannah said...

I LOVE IT!!! Great job! I had no idea you were thinking of decorating for her but it looks adorable! Well done!

Hilarie said...

You make the most of everything with such grace and creativity. I'm so proud of you!

Vanessa said...

Love Sophies Room!!! Well done - its SO pretty!