Friday, November 9, 2012

11 Months Old

Ok, so I'm having a HARD TIME with Sophie's 11 month post. I find I'm digging my heels in and trying to slow time down, as the countdown is on to her first birthday. Jack was not a happy baby and each milestone was so exciting for him, that although I had a bit of nostalgia as each stage passed, I didn't mind him getting older. But my little Sophie has been such a delightful baby and I've loved (almost) every minute of her babyhood, that it's hard to see her getting older and more independent!


Big girl. She has gained a little weight in the last month and now weighs 14.10 lbs. She wears mostly 9 month clothes still. She has quite a bit of blond hair at the back, but not much in the front still. Eight teeth are in (four on top and four on bottom) and she is pulling up on furniture and trying to cruise. She is a pretty fast crawler too!



Her two favorite spots in the house are by the windows (she will look out for ages) and standing by the bath (one of her favorite times of day is bath time, just like her brother). She is not so interested in her toys and much prefers stealing Jack's or playing with things she's not supposed to. She is proving quite mischievous and definitely has a keen sense of fun, we've noticed.



She says "da da" when she sees Andre and says "Ja" for Jack. She has just started saying "da" for when I tell her to say "Ta" which is what we teach for please and thank you. She can wave, splash and "wipe" her tray with a wipe on command. So cute! She still loves her table food and will eat anything I give her, thankfully! Formula, not so much; still working on that.


She is on oxygen 24/7 now and handles it very well. She does seem to love it when I take off the tube to bath her, but doesn't pull on it very much. She has had an ear infection and a mild stomach bug over the last 10 days but seems to be on the mend now, and we are thankful that she was able to have her RSV shot (first in a series of 5 during the winter months) on Monday, approved by insurance. We continue to pray that she stays healthy as much as possible this season.

Happy 11 months Sophie Joy!

No comments: