Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Family family family!

The kiddos and I flew back home last Wednesday, while Andre is driving home tonight. Very glad to have him home after a busy week with the kids! However, there have been some really fun parts to this week, for me. On Friday I got to go to a CD release party for an old friend, Matthew Perryman Jones, whose music is fantastic (find him at www.mpjmusic.com). Since Husbie was out of town, I went with my friend Bobbi Jo, who is an awesome photographer and took the shot below (find her at www.bobbijobrooks.com). We had the best time out!


The rest of the weekend we had such fun family time! My aunt Tracy and her husband and kids flew in from South Africa, as they are visiting the States for three weeks. They spent the weekend here with us, flew down to Disney yesterday for four days and then go up to Illinois to be with my parents for another two weeks or so. We saw them last year on our trip to Cape Town, so they had met Jack then but they hadn't met any of Nessa's girls or Steve's little Wyn. We had such a great time with them, although we kept them very busy! Coke factory on Saturday morning, family cookout at Nessa's that evening. Church then lunch at Steve's on Sunday. Then dinner at our house followed by the Stone Mountain laser show. They spent Monday at the mall, experiencing the wonder of the American SHOPS!! The boys went to Sean's softball game that evening while us girls had dinner together and then we sent them off to Disney yesterday morning. Whew!

Jack reunited with his cousins after two months away...so happy!

The big kids "helping" me make dessert on Saturday night, with my cousin Lauren keeping things under control!

Granny, my cousin Lauren, my aunt Tracy, Nolen, and my cousin David, with all our kiddos (Granny's 6 great-grandchildren!)

Waiting for the laser who on Sunday night (all the kids were home so we had fun adult time!)

Me and my siblings

Ness and Gran

Me and my Gran

Steve and Gran

Granny with 5 of her 7 grandchildren

1 comment:

Laura Ward said...

I didn't know you were friends with MPJ - how cool!! You'll have to tell me that story sometime. :) Love all the photos of your family; what special times together!