Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Already?

So a little update on the Little Miss. Or rather her Mama :)

I've been having so many Braxton Hicks contractions the past week, which may just have something to do with the fact that I'm Single Mommy for 10 days until the Husbie gets home from IL on Saturday. And by a lot, I mean up to 16 an hour, in the evenings. So I went in for an extra check up this morning just to make sure nothing was going on that shouldn't be. And what do you know?

I'm 1 cm dilated. At 32.5 weeks.

I think I took the news pretty well. On the outside at least. I may have been somewhat distracted by Mr. Jack trying to snack on the lubricant while hiding the speculum in his diaper bag. But when it finally sank in that the Doc had just done a Fetal Fibronectin Test (a what?) to determine if I was in preterm labor and I would have to be on the monitor for an hour, while trying to entertain a 19 month old, I may have freaked out just a little. But only on the inside. Thankfully I didn't make a scene. And thankfully the nurse was really sweet and brought us lots of juice boxes and snacks.

And thankfully, after the hour long monitoring (during which Little Miss performed beautifully), I made it to the car before bursting into tears. Ha! I think the poopy diaper explosion at the half hour mark did me in. Or perhaps it was the cheese crackers crushed into the floor. It could have been the pencil drawings on the white walls though. I must say, that on the whole Jacko was pretty good, but with Mummy stuck in a chair hooked up to all sorts of wires and unable to move, he got up to a wee bit of mischief. And I let it STRESS. ME. OUT.

So that was my day. But my final "thankfully" is that the afternoon ended with the Doc calling to say that the FFN test was negative, praise God! This basically means that I won't be going into labor within the next two weeks. Well, THAT'S a relief.

Doc's orders are to take it easy and have weekly cervix checks and count contractions. Let's hope Saturday and Andre being home come really quickly!

No comments: