Monday, November 22, 2010

Time Away

So, we're up in Illinois with my parents for 10 days, to celebrate Thanksgiving and have a little time away. My sister and her family are here and Steve & Rachel will be joining us all for the Thanksgiving weekend. Can't wait!

It's really nice to have a change of scene for a bit, as I was feeling overwhelmed by all I have going on at the moment. We're just hanging out, relaxing and catching up with each other, playing with the babies, doing a bit of shopping and preparing for the holidays.

We're planning on doing a big batch of baking, which in our family includes fruit mince meat (for pies), the Christmas Cake, and English Christmas Pudding (you may get a delicious taste of all these treats this year Nicole since you're across the Pond!)

So, that's us this week. If I have anything of note to post about, you'll hear from me. Otherwise, have a Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Nathan and Nicole said...

Thanks for the shout out. I did taste my first mince pie, which I THOUGHT was going to have meat in it (mince... meat... mince meat), but was pleasantly surprised that it didn't. Quite like! :)