Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Baby Story: Off to the hospital

So here's a look at how Jack came into the world, for those of you who want to know :) This is G rated, so if you want the gory details, ask me in person!

On Monday night, I woke up at 4:30 am with my waters breaking, and we were able to be at the hospital by 5:15 am. Mum came with us, which was really sweet, considering she'd also only had about 4 hours of sleep. The nurses were great and I was hooked up to the monitors, IV etc and we settled in to wait. Since I was already 6 cm dilated when I got there, we were hoping it wouldn't be a long wait! Everything progressed well (including the contractions!), I got an epidural at 10 am (thank the Lord! I would not have wanted to continue without one!!) and by 11 am I was 10 cm dilated and ready for the hard work :)


Leaving for the hospital


Last belly bump photo


Top line is Jack's heart-rate and the bottom line monitored my contractions


Mum was knitting Jack a little sweater while we waited...she said it kept her nerves at bay!

1 comment:

Audra said...

Congrats, Christy! He is beautiful and you look gorgeous as usual. :) So happy for you.