Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Baby Story: He's here!

After 2.5 hours of pushing (he got a bit stuck!), I was getting rather tired, Jack was getting stressed and the doctor was getting concerned. Eventually they had to use a vacuum to help him along and because he was so upset by the whole experience, a special baby stress team came in to deal with him. This meant that the doctor couldn't put him up on my tummy right away, but she held him up for me to see, which was the best moment ever!


Where in the world am I?!!


Jack Evan Yakovlev, born March 2 at 1:24 pm



Not too big, not too small!




First bath


Getting his reflexes checked


Daddy putting on the first diaper

Throughout the whole labor and birth, Andre was the most incredible support and encouragement to me. I couldn't have got through that without him!

2 comments:

Jana said...

Loved reading these details and want to hear more details when I come meet him in person soon. Glad in spite of of the "stress" he was under, that is he happy, healthy and home now!

Jana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.