Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

We went to church for a lovely Christmas Eve service. The kids were in with us and boy, do I pity the poor people in the row behind us. I was studiously avoiding eye contact. Unfortunately, they own a children's boutique in town, where we ran into them a few days later and they recognized my saintly children. Ahem. Luckily, Sophie's oxygen had distracted them from any disruptive behavior!

What I did hear of the service, in between shusshing, handing out snacks, and potty trips, was a wonderful preparation for celebrating the birth of our Savior. Singing carols with my children this Christmas will always remain a treasured memory for me.

The pastor called all the children down to the stage for a story which Jack thought was great fun. As soon as we got down there, in full view of a 2000 member church, he hunkered down by the electrical board and tried to unplug everything hooked up there. This included the four giant Christmas trees on the stage. Glad those were plugged in good and tight! Once I'd established some boundaries for him, he sat pretty quietly and tried to make friends with the other little boys nearby. Ah, two year olds!

 We made it home amid snow flurries and after getting all the littlies into bed, us big people enjoyed a drink! Was I glad when that rolled around!

Sophie got into the mince pies after church

The Jones Family Jr.: Steve, Rachel, and the lovely Miss Wyn

The Jones Family Sr.: Nana and Grandpa with Wyn and Sophie



Attempting a photo shoot with the girls
And Sophie is done!

Me and my girl

Jack was NOT happy to be photographed


AH! Drinks all round! Cheers to holidays with family!

No comments: