Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was extra special this year because our Sophie was with us! I love being her mother so much and she has brought so much joy to me, in my mothering. As one of my friends put it, "You've carried Sophie in your heart for a long time!" Very true. I felt so blessed having my two babies this year. Thank you, Lord!

Anyway, the day itself was fine, but I missed Andre a lot, as he had to fly back home for his citizenship interview he had this morning (more on that later). But on Saturday, he and Jack brought me home some gorgeous flowers and such a cute card. I had told him that there was one thing I wanted for Mother's Day each year. I've decided that I would love for him to take the kids to the wholesale florist warehouse in town, that has a huge selection of flowers and make up a special bouquet for each Mother's Day. Well, they actually have a large florist's warehouse here in Mum and Dad's town too, so Andre took Jack and they chose these unique roses from South America that have what look like heart shaped centers. They are beautiful! Good choice boys :)

Terrible photography going on here, but you get the idea

Andre left on Saturday evening. On Sunday, we went to church, then came home for a brief lunch and naps. And tried, very unsuccessfully, to get some photos...

Jack was melting down and very ready for his nap!

Sophie refused to look at the camera

After naps, happy moods restored once more, Dad took us out to a local burger place for dinner which was fun. Jack loved all the cow memorabilia and thought he was big stuff getting to choose our milkshake flavor (of course he chose the bright orange ice cream for the shake, which happened to be "Dreamsicle"; not my idea of a "dream" milkshake but we enjoyed it nevertheless!).


Still not all looking in the right direction, but oh well. Love these little munchkins!

And by the time we tried a photo with Grandpa, Jack was OVER it! Sorry Dad!

No comments: