Friday, August 26, 2011

First Day of "School"

So this morning was the first day of the Parents Morning Out that Jack is attending this year. Even though he's the youngest in the class, I figured we'd give it a try and see how he does. He screams his head off whenever we drop him at nursery on Sundays and Wednesdays so I was interested to see if he did any better today.

I dropped him off at 8:30 am and went to Panera for a cinnamon roll (ostensibly to calm my nerves about leaving him...maybe it was just a sugar craving! Ha!) and then headed back to church (where the class is being held) to set up for a big event we're doing tonight, our annual Church Dinner. This is the 5th year I've done it so I know the drill and was really thrilled to have a whole morning Jack-free to set tables etc.

Apparently he cried for about 10 minutes and then settled down nicely. Around 10, I saw them head out to the playground. He was so cute all lined up with the other kids and got so excited to go outside! Then at 10:45 they brought him to me, as he'd started up crying again and wouldn't stop. So he made it two of the four hours and I was proud of him for lasting that long! We'll see how next week goes. I may just keep him out for the rest of this semester and then start him up in January again, but I kind of wanted him to get used to it before the baby arrives.

Dressed for "school" and so excited to have his backpack on


All ready to go!

Andre picked him up and when they got home,
Jack walked in with this bunch of roses for me.
He was so proud to hand them over!

('scuse the no make-up look here!)

No comments: