Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cousins

My sweet cousin in South Africa just posted a whole lot of old photos on Facebook of us all as kids. I loved this one of Camilla, me, Fleur and Nessa.



I remember this day as being such a fun one, full of special memories. Nana and Grampa were visiting Cape Town from Zimbabwe and took all of us out for a day on the train and a picnic. Most of my childhood memories include these cousins, who were very close in age to us and were our best buddies. We've all remained very close friends even now (and we miss them as they're spread all over the world!). Cousins are such a special relationship and these photos made me think about Nessa's and my new babies coming this Spring, only two weeks apart! We're so glad the cousins will be close in age and hope they'll be specially close friends too. So sweet!

P.S. And I'm sure little Miss Michaela, as the oldest, will have just as much fun bossing them all around as I did growing up!

1 comment:

Laura Ward said...

Just catching up on your blog and saw this post - I think that's the cutest picture I've ever seen of the 4 of you! Really, you're all too adorable for words. :) I missed the news that Ness is pregnant again - how fun to have babies so close together!